How to Treat Keratosis Pilaris in Infants
Ketaris pilaris is normally inherited by the child from the father or mother and hence considered as a hereditary skin disorder. It is caused by the excess build up of dead skin around individual hair follicle. These are normally found on the upper arms and thighs;and also on the face,which can be mistaken for baby acne. You may find this as tiny white or grey bumps around the hair follicle; and somtimes a small thin red ring may be surrounding the white bump.
You can Cure KP at Home
Don’t Worry : You can easily Get Rid of Keratosis Pilaris using Simple Home Remedies.
Here are few home remedies to treat Keratosis Pilaris in children.So before rushing to the dermatologist and trying out those expensive creams and lotions,try out those natural gifts hiding in your kitchen cabinets.
Exfoliation-Too much of a good thing can aslo be harmful;so carefully exfoliate just enough for your child.Yougurt can be a reliable option or
soft body scrubs for kids or baby loofahs are also available.
Moisturize-This is an important step to keep KP under control.Use a good moistiriser onto damp skin; And let teh child wear loose cotton clothes if its not winter.
Oil massage-Vitamin E is very essential while this condition prevails,hence use any oil rich in vitamin E.
Apple-Cider Vinegar- It is impportant to use raw apple cider vinegar.Using a cotton ball dip it into the vinegar and applying on the affected area also is known to help.
Anti-Inflammatory products-Green tea oil is natural and safe on children. It is known to fights post-inflammatory skin discoloration.Green tea is an antioxidant, so it protects the skin from free radicals that cause damage at the cellular level.
Strict Do’s and Dnt’s for KP in children.
- During winter protect the skin from getting over dried.Keep the skin always moiturized.
- See that the child drinks suffficient water;and also include fruits and veggies into their diet.
- Chewable omega 3-6-9 tablets intake is also good.
- After oil massage u se avery mild or herbal soap to wash away excess oil from skin.
- Prevent the kid from scratching and picking the bumps.
- Exposing to mild or early morning sun is also a good option;Though too much is not advisable.
- Lastly, if the rashes still prevails and seems to be severe consult a dermatologist.
Professional Natural Treatment at Home
You can read Testimonials posted by ex- KP sufferers & learn how they successfully treated Keratosis Pilaris using home remedies & natural methods featured in ” Living With KP E-book” (Available for Download).